Monday, March 11, 2013

Pictures Don't Tell All the Words

Last week was a very rough week for my family.  My son is going through some struggles, and we've  spent a lot of time at home just trying to make it through.  I love him so much, and it's hard not being able to help, or fix things.  I had the idea that maybe getting out of town and doing something really fun would be just the ticket.  Maybe it would reset things, give us all a breather.

We went the the Children's Museum in Indianapolis.

Here are some pictures from that day, last Thursday.







Looks fun, right?  Uh, no.  It wasn't fun.  The pictures do not accurately represent the day.  When I snapped each picture, that particular moment was fine.  Good even.  But those moments only lasted for a minute, tops.  It just wasn't the right time to go there.  It was a good idea, I think, but it didn't have the effect I hoped for.  After barely hanging on through the day, I brought us home where I could cry and my son could go to his room for some peace, and my daughter could have some space to play happily.

When I told my mom about this day, she gave me the gift of a break.  She and Papaw came down to our house on Saturday and took my kids to a hotel in town.  They swam, went to a movie, bought toys at a store, went out to dinner, went to Wonderlab, and so on.  She went all out, and kept them for 26 hours. 

My husband and I wrung every bit of peace and relaxation out of those 26 hours.  We went to the movies too.  Took naps, ate food, spent time together.  It was perfect.  Just what I needed.

My mom came back exhausted, and we were ready to take over, fully recharged.

So no, the pictures do not tell the whole story.  But they do show something to me when I see them.  I see my persistence, my willingness to make myself vulnerable for my children.  I see the way I do not give up.  I see children who I love, doing their very best.  I see my life.


.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Pictures may be worth a thousand words but they sure don't always tell the whole story.

Emily said...

Arten von Fischen wow gold dass genug bekommen Halterung Währung Fischerei ist definitiv eine andere effektive Technik. Besondere Spieler können gut verkaufen im Auktionshaus für viele wow gold von World of Warcraft und die Fische sind sehr beliebt. Was die Spieler tun, ist nur zu einigen wow gold oder einige Aufgaben im Spiel, aber nicht das Denken oder wagen es nicht, in die übergeordnete Spiel zu bekommen. game card wow Für viele der Spieler sie haben Angst vor ihm und hatte nicht das Vertrauen oder nicht wissen, wie man in die Schlacht zu gewinnen. PVP ist so anders, dass man nicht auf die Idee von dem, was dein Gegner gerade denkt. Einige Spieler denken vielleicht, dass es schwierig ist, im PvP gewinnen, auch wenn sie spielen in dem Spiel für eine lange Zeit oder sogar einige Jahre, aber einige von ihnen sogar nie haben wow items kaufen die PvP im Spiel nach langer Zeit zu spielen.